Orlando is the entertainment epicenter of Florida and it knows how to have a good time. Whether you're traveling down here with your family, significant other, or just getting a group of friends together there is plenty of options
1) Centrally located to some of Florida's most beautiful coastlines and popular beaches.
- Space Coast The Space Coast offers the closest beaches to Disney World and Orlando's attractions. Visit well preserved and breathtaking beaches such as the Canaveral National Seashore or enjoy shopping and the energy of tourist popular beaches such as Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Jetty Park, and the Indialantic Beach.
- Nature Coast If you're looking to avoid the crowds especially found in the neighboring Sun Coast beaches, Nature Coast offers a laid back alternative. Beaches such as Pine Island Park have often been called "laid-back local country beaches".
- Sun Coast Home to the thriving and popular St.Pete and Clearwater Beaches, known for their sugar white beach sand and crystal clear turquoise water. Your visit will bring you close to the Tampa metropolitan area and Busch Gardens.
2) Orlando is world renowned for its family-friendly theme and water park attractions. This is how they're celebrating Spring Break.
- Universal Studios Mardi Gras Orlando's longest (50 days) Mardi Gras party goes from February 4th- March 25th, Enjoy great Cajun food, live music from popular artists, spectacular street performances, and a nightly street parade.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival goes from March 1- May 29th. Enjoy topiary and flower gardens, outdoor kitchens, outdoor music venues, and great food at the iconic Epcot World Showcase.
- Seven Seas Food Festival runs from February 11th through May 16th at Sea World Orlando and features live music, craft beer, and culinary options from across the world.
3) Florida has a wild and wonderful natural side.
- Wekiva Island Located north or Orlando, Wekiva Island is a great destination by itself with fun cultural events and live events or as a place to embark on a canoe, kayak, paddleboard down the beautiful Wekiva River.
- Blue Springs State Park is an hour and a half (and well worth the journey) from Reunion Resort. Blue Springs State Park covers 2,600 acres and has the largest spring of the St.John's River and a designated manatee refuge. Boating activity during Manatee Season lasts from mid-November through March and water activity is restricted during this time. During the swimming season, which covers the remaining part of the year, swimmers, boaters, and fishers are attracted to the springs 73F temperature, natural beauty, and recreational opportunities.
- Little Manatee River State Park Explore sand pine, oak scrub, and oxbow wetlands on foot, horseback, or lazily floating down the 4.5-mile long Little Manatee River in a canoe. Little Manatee River State Park is a nice little secret tucked in Hillsborough County. This park is located an hour and a half from Reunion Resort.
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park Spot white-tailed deer, raccoons, wild turkeys, wood ducks and great blue heron as you float across 6 miles of shaded hammocks and wetlands. Inchetucknee Springs State Park is a popular attraction for picnickers, snorkelers, cave certified scuba divers, canoers, and swimmers.
- Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park boasts 20 distinct biological communities and is the perfect place to spot alligators, wild bison, horses, and 270 species of bird.
4) Downtown Orlando is a cultural and entertainment destination. Think of it as Spring Break Base Camp.
- Orlando Caribbean Festival - Saturday, March 18, 2017. Helicopter rides, horseback rides, great Caribbean food, and reggae music. Great for the entire family.
- Downtown Food and Wine Festival - Takes place around Lake Eola and goes from February 25-26th and features exquisite dishes from 30 local Orlando restaurants.
- Orlando Jazz Festival will be held at the stunning Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts, located in Downtown Orlando, on March 10-11 and will feature jazz greats. Check out the line-up here.
5) Extreme and unique adventures for the brave and bold
- Gator Land- is home to thousands of gators (including four rare albinos) free flight aviary and a petting zoo. Other activities include Gator Feedings, Rookie Gator Wrestling, a Gator Night Shine, and Trainer-for-a-Day programs.
- Zipline Safari at Forever Florida - two and a half hour zipline safari adventure at Forever Florida, a 4,700-acre wildlife conservation area.
- iFly Indoor Skydiving Indoor skydiving simulates true freefall conditions in a vertical wind tunnel and is suitable for beginners and competitors alike with expert trainers on staff.
- Orlando Tree Trek "aerial adventure park is an elevated obstacle course" located close to Disney World and is a popular spot for dates, families, and corporate group.
- Wallaby Ranch is a place where you can experience tandem hang gliding instruction for all ability levels and flights.
Why pay a ton of money on a small hotel room over multiple nights when you can rent a beautiful vacation property that will fit your budget and give you room to breathe? Reunion Vacation Homes has what you're looking for, so you get the most out of your vacation at the best price. Properties are booking quickly, make your reservation now for the best rates.